Tuesday, September 30, 2008

tired and fed up

Well I'm now officially fed up to the back teeth of poker. I've done nothing but deal the fucking game for 2 weeks. I've been working really long hours and I haven't been sleeping very well. It started oof as good fun but the novelty of famous players and TV camera's soon wears off and it's a long bloody grind. I've found most of the players to be amazingly arrogant and very flippant about the opportunity to play for such huge prize money (probably because they have their buy-in paid for them). I don't think it's any cooincidence that most of the big names went out of the main event today, perhaps the young internet pros are just hungrier. Anyway we're supposed to have a night out on Friday to thank us for our hard work. I'll have to get really pissed to make up for all the hardship I've gone through.


My only enjoyment recently has been James' wedding at the weekend. It was really nice to be invited, the food was great and I saw Pete for what must be the first time in about 8 years. Dobber and Tom were there as well and it was a right good do. The hotel cost £150 for 2 nights and was a bit shit. Surely staying in a hotel you should be able to get a pint past 11 o clock. The cost of the hotel was offset by the fact that I won 5o notes playing poker on the first night and the booze was free at the wedding.
Pete was best man and I think he did a good job of the speech although I think he was quite nervous. This wasn't helped by James' brother introducing him as the funniest man on the planet. Pete went even more pink than usual.
Anyway, back for more poker tomorrow. Roll on Thursday.

No comments: