Tuesday, August 2, 2011

i am happy

i am happy, i am a happy man, i have my own place to live which must be the first time in forever.......... it actually is, i've never lived alone, i feel like a true grown up, never mind that i'm 33 years old and should be a grown up already, this is a new chapter in the history of sam douglas

with my new found positivity, i've decided to start blogging again as it's much easier to do if you're in a cheery frame of mind, i will put pictures on but i have a slight problem with chargers and suchlike going missing..... like a true douglas, i have a problem taking pictures, with me at least it is partially down to my inherent ugliness (i take a shocking picture, i feel i'm the most unphotogenic person in the world but then maybe most people think that about themselves) anyway, i digress, we douglasses lack the discipline and order to take cameras anywhere and take photos when it matters. my dad is great at lugging a big camera round the alps and taking pictures and videos of plants and mountains but where is he when you need a photo of someone blowing the candles out on a cake (playing darts normally) anyway, at least i've recognised my faults (well, one of them) and i'll try to do better

working a lot at the moment, my job is not always fun but i'm trying to be better at it so at least i can take some pride in my work, i don't want to write about work too much as i'll bore myself and while i can be fairly honest about most things it's not always a good idea to write about your thoughts about your place of work on the internet as somebody might actually read it, i think my mum has decided not to read my blog as she is afraid it will upset her (this may have happened after reading one of my particularly dark posts written whilst intoxicated)

days off this week should include a trip to see a friends band in hoxton (cash for cars) fortunately it's the kind of music i like (power rock) so i dont really have to pretend to like them, week after may be a trip to germany to see luke (celines birthday) then dinkling green is looming large, i may have to try out some cake recipes and do some art research, and johnny we'll have to arrange for me to visit ireland

so i know it's been a while but i promise to write again soon, peace out, come round for dinner, i even have a spare bedroom, wow

2 comments:

test said...

Glad to hear about your new found good cheer. Living on your own is ace apart from if someone knocks on your door and you have to put clothes on and tidy up in 10 seconds. That sucks

JohnnyEvo said...

yes, I insist you visit soon.